Welcome to The Pink Kitchen.....where life is fashionably delicious!!!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Little Lemon Lovelies

Tonight I had this bright idea to start baking while I was cooking dinner. What was I thinking?!?! After I was finished everything my kitchen literally looked like a tornado swept through. My little lemon blossoms were resting on cooling racks, dripping their glaze all over the place. Bowls, spoons, mixers, and plates were strewn about. It was a little overwhelming to even think about cleaning it all up. I love cooking and baking, but I absolutely hate doing dishes and cleaning up afterwards. I've always been that way. But, once I tasted these little desserts, it was all worth it!




Lemon Blossoms (recipe courtesy Paula Deen)


Ingredients:


1 package yellow cake mix
1 (3 1/2oz) package instant lemon pudding mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil


Glaze:


4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp water


Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and vegetable oil. Blend with mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fill each muffin tin half way with batter.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. Turn out of muffin tin onto a towel.
4. To make the glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and zest, vegetable oil, and water. Blend with mixer until smooth.
5. While cupcakes are still warm, use fingers to dip them into glaze, coating completely. 
Place on wire racks with waxed paper underneath to catch drips. Let glaze set thoroughly, about 1 hr. Store in containers with tight fitting lids (if stacking, separate with waxed paper).

No comments:

Post a Comment