Welcome to The Pink Kitchen.....where life is fashionably delicious!!!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner

Breakfast for dinner? Sure, why not?! I'm a big fan of breakfast food and would eat it any time of day. Plus I was looking for an excuse to try out my brand new All-Clad griddle pan (which I love, by the way). French toast is still my all-time favorite, but pancakes have grown on me over the years. I decided to make pancakes from scratch after using Bisquick and other mixes in the past. You won't believe the difference a little fresh egg can make! This is a basic recipe, but can be switched up by adding blueberries or chocolate chips. I decided to top mine with some blueberry syrup. YUM!




Classic Pancakes


Ingredients:


1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk or almond milk (original or vanilla)
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 egg


Directions:


1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, oil and egg.
3. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir just to moisten- a few lumps are fine.
4. Cook pancakes on a griddle over medium heat. You'll know it's time to flip them when little air bubbles form along the outside.



I am hooked on this Blueberry Syrup by Stonewall Kitchens. You can buy it at Reading China and Glass in Reading, PA or at Gardner's Chocolates and Gift Shop in Pennsburg, PA. It's delicious drizzled on pancakes, waffles, french toast, or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment