I've been neglecting my blog! It's been so long since my last post, but I have lots of new recipes that I'm trying so expect some major deliciousness in the near future. This recipe goes out to all lovers of lasagna and buffalo chicken wings! It's a nice change to classic lasagna and the flavors combine really well. Plus you can make it as spicy or as mild as you like!
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna (altered from Pampered Chef recipe)
1 large can tomato sauce (or 2 small cans)
1 pound chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
3 Tbsp. hot sauce (or more, to taste)
1 small container ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
9 uncooked no-boil lasagna noodles (I used Barilla)
1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
Drizzle of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in pan and saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic until tender.
3. While onion and pepper are cooking, combine ricotta, 1 1/2 c mozzarella, egg, and salt in a separate bowl. Combine tomato sauce and hot sauce in another bowl.
4. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish. Spread a small amount of tomato sauce mixture on bottom of dish. Layer all ingredients starting with noodles, then ricotta mixture, then the veggies and chicken. Repeat layers two more times. Top with tomato sauce mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cup remaining mozzarella.
5. Bake covered for for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, top with 1/2 cup bleu cheese, and bake an additional 15-20 minutes uncovered.