Tomato Pie (adapted from the Tupelo Honey Cafe)
1 pie crust
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup mild, 1 cup sharp)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp dried parsley
2 chopped green onions, white and green parts
2 Tbsp. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
4 large tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1. Place pie crust in 9-inch pie plate. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, parsley, green onion, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Stir to mix completely.
3. Layer half of the tomatoes over the pie crust, covering the bottom as much as possible.
4. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the tomatoes. Repeat with another layer of tomatoes and finish with another layer of the cheese mixture. (The cheese mixture on top gets so brown and crunchy because of the Panko. You are gonna love it!)
5. Bake for 30 minutes until top of pie is bubbly and browned. Allow to sit about 15 minutes before slicing.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!