Welcome to The Pink Kitchen.....where life is fashionably delicious!!!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wing Night

I'm excited that I've received lots of great feedback from my last post! It's great to see that people actually try these recipes and that I'm speaking to somebody rather than just sending messages out into cyberspace! I'm hoping this recipe is a hit as well. I don't know many people that don't like chicken wings. Personally, I'm a picky, little wing eater. They have to be just right. My ideal wing is small, extra-crispy, and falling off the bone. Plus, the hot sauce and blue cheese dressing have to be perfect, too. After finding this recipe, I don't think I will even have the urge to go to the local "Wing Night" anymore! You will never believe that these wings aren't fried. They get so crispy and since they bake for a while, they literally fall off the bone. I'm officially obsessed!


Hot Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing

Ingredients:

8-12 chicken wings (cut into drumstick and wing portions with kitchen shears)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 Tbsp butter
Dash of black pepper

For the hot sauce:

1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Crystal)
4 Tbsp butter

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place 4 Tbsp butter on baking sheet or stoneware pan and allow to melt in oven while preparing wings.
2. Place 1/2 cup flour and dash of black pepper in deep container. Toss wings in flour to coat.
3. Remove baking sheet from oven. Shake excess flour off each wing and place on baking sheet. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Turn each wing and return to oven for 20 minutes. Repeat this process until wings are extremely crispy and very browned. (I usually flip them 4-5 times total, so cooking time usually takes approximately an hour and a half.)

4. While wings are baking, prepare hot sauce. Melt 4 Tbsp butter in a bowl in the microwave. Whisk in hot sauce.
5. Remove wings from oven and drain on paper towels.
6. Using tongs, dunk each wing in hot sauce, allowing excess to drip off. Serve immediately with celery and blue cheese dressing.

Blue Cheese Dressing

Ingredients:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Sprinkle of paprika
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

Directions:

Combine all ingredients until well blended. Fold in crumbled blue cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve. For stronger blue cheese flavor, prepare one day in advance.



The secret to perfectly crisp celery like they serve in restaurants is soaking it in an ice water bath before serving! Simply cut up your celery and put it in ice water while you are preparing the wings.


Please don't forget.....if you try any of the recipes on my blog, please comment on the recipe so others know what you thought of it!!! Thanks!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Did u know I was piggling out on 1/2 price wings from the Ugly Moose??? Sounds amazing and can't believe they are baked!! Can't wait to try them, in my spare time...lol. Xo

    ReplyDelete