Welcome to The Pink Kitchen.....where life is fashionably delicious!!!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Go-To Salad

This is nothing fancy by any means, but this is my simple go-to salad that I make almost once a week. It's so easy and great for me to take to work. I stole the tuna salad recipe from Whole Foods. They sell it at their deli and it's my favorite!


Tuna Salad (adapted from Whole Foods)

Combine the following ingredients:


2 cans solid white albacore in water, drained well (I use StarKist)
2 Tbsp coarsely grated onion
1-2 coarsely grated baby carrots
Juice of half a lemon
1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup mayonnaise (or more for desired consistency)
Pepper to taste

Serve over lettuce with croutons and a light dressing if desired. These are my absolute favorites:

Cardini's Garlic Croutons and Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette (both all-natural, no preservatives or MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment