Peanut Butter Cookies (recipe courtesy Brown Eyed Baker)
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
3 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Granulated sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat if using aluminum cookie sheets. (I used my trusty stoneware!)
2. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add the egg and beat just until blended. Reduce speed to low and gradually add dry ingredients until combined.
4. Put granulated sugar in a small bowl. Scoop a tablespoon amount of dough and roll into a ball with your hands. Roll dough in sugar and place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Using a fork, make a crisscross pattern on the cookie, flattening them slightly.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Store in airtight container for up to one week or freeze in freezer bags up to 3 months. Just thaw and eat!
My little peanut butter piggy!