Welcome to The Pink Kitchen.....where life is fashionably delicious!!!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Creamier, the Dreamier

Oh my gosh you guys! I have been trying SO many new recipes lately and I can't wait to share them all with you. This is my favorite time of year for cooking and baking. I love Fall flavors and comfort food! Comfort food for me, is usually something creamy. Chicken pot pie is one of my all time favorites which I've posted in the past. It's beyond delicious! You can find it here: 


 http://alissaspinkkitchen.blogspot.com/2010/10/fall-comfort-food.html


This recipe is so easy and also creamy, dreamy!




Pork Cutlets with Mushroom Cream Sauce (adapted from RecipeGirl.com)


Ingredients:


1 pound pork tenderloin
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 large shallot (or 2 small), peeled and finely chopped
8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 container Kraft Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
Olive oil
Salt & pepper


Directions:


1. Cut pork into individual serving-sized pieces. Place pieces between two sheets of waxed paper and pound out to 1/4-inch thickness. (I used a rolling pin and went crazy!) Season pork with salt and pepper.
2. Place flour on a plate or breading tray and dredge pork, turning to coat all sides. Shake off excess. 
3. Heat a few drizzles of olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork on both sides until browned and cooked through. 
4. To make the cream sauce, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet. Saute shallots until they are soft and begin to caramelize. Add a little more olive oil to pan and stir in sliced mushrooms. Continue to stir until mushrooms become tender, about 3-4 minutes. 
5. Add Kraft cooking creme and stir until heated through. 
6. Serve sauce over pork. 

***Also, don't forget to vote on the poll (located in the right-hand column of my blog page) for what recipes you'd like to see more of on The Pink Kitchen!!! Only 7 days left to vote!***

No comments:

Post a Comment