Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread (adapted from Lovin' From The Oven)
3 over-ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
For the swirl & topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside. Stir together sugar and cinnamon mixture and set aside.
2. Peel bananas and place in a large bowl and mash well with a fork. Stir in melted butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Slowly stir flour mixture into wet ingredients.
5. Pour half of batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle a little more than half of the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the batter.
6. Spread remaining batter over top. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
7. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool on a baking rack.