Welcome to The Pink Kitchen.....where life is fashionably delicious!!!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Missing in Action

I know, I know. I've been MIA for quite some time. And after multiple complaints recently, I've decided I need to start posting again. To be completely honest, blogging started to feel more like a chore than a hobby and I wasn't enjoying it as much. So now I'm hoping for a fresh start! It doesn't help that I've been addicted to Pinterest and all my time that was typically spent blogging has lately been spent on Pinterest. So I'm going to try to post more often. Don't get me wrong, I'm still in the Pink Kitchen multiple times a week as usual. I've tried so many new recipes over the past few months and now I'm kicking myself for not blogging about some of my favorites. With Thanksgiving and Christmas quickly approaching, there are sure to be many delicious recipes to look forward to. This is my favorite time of year, especially for cooking and baking. I can't think of a better time to blog! :)


Broccoli and Spinach Frittata

Ingredients:

1 head of broccoli, chopped
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 onion, diced
4 Tbsp butter
10 eggs
3/4 cup half-n-half
salt and pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add 2 cups water to a large pot. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli. Cover and steam for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. (You won't want broccoli to be cooked through since it continues to cook in the oven.)
3. Melt 4 Tbsp butter over medium-low heat in a deep saute pan. Saute onions until soft and translucent. 
 4. Add chopped spinach and saute until it begins to wilt. 
 
5. Add broccoli and toss all veggies together then scrape them down from the sides of the pan so there's a nice even layer across the bottom of the pan. 
6. Beat together eggs, half-n-half, salt and pepper. Pour evenly over veggie mixture and turn off stovetop. 
 
 
7. Sprinkle mozzarella & parmesan cheese over the top of the frittata.
8. Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 32 minutes until set and cheese is golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment