Welcome to The Pink Kitchen.....where life is fashionably delicious!!!

Friday, November 23, 2012

Tiny Tots

I know I've mentioned my slight obsession with Pinterest. Never have I had so many great recipe ideas and inspirations right at my fingertips! Each time I'm on there I find something new and exciting. The only bad thing is if I log on when I'm hungry, I turn into a "pinning piggy" and suddenly I have 15 new dessert recipes on my pinboard. I can't help that I have a sweet tooth the size of Texas AND love to bake (a deadly combination). This isn't a dessert recipe, but it's one that caught my eye right away on Pinterest. I made a bunch of changes to the original recipe and this is what I came up with. Now if you'll excuse me, my sweet tooth itches and I need a Hershey's bar. 


Mini Squash Tots  (makes about 24)

Ingredients:

2 cups squash and/or zucchini, peeled
2 eggs
1/2 small onion, grated
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2/3 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray mini-muffin pan with non-stick baking spray.
2. Grate squash in food processor. Squeeze between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Add 2 cups (packed) to a large bowl.
3. Add onion and eggs to grated squash. 
4. Stir in 3/4 cup parmesan cheese and remaining ingredients.
5. Using a scoop, fill mini muffin cups to the top. 
6. Top each tot with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until very brown and crispy around the edges.
8. Allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes then remove from pan and serve warm.
These can be devoured "as is" or you can dip them in ketchup, ranch dressing, or horseradish sauce. Whatever your little taste buds are craving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment